Did you know that apples are the most-consumed fruit in the world? Shocked, right? There are more than 7,000 different apple cultivars grown globally. From the tangy green apples to the gala apples, and the red delicious apples, there are so many to choose from.
In this part of the world, we are largely accustomed to two types of apples that are found in our markets. These apples are green apples and red apples. Both are pretty tasty and highly nutritious. This post will show you the cost of buying a carton of apples, where to buy apples, and the nutritional information and benefits of apples. Let’s dive straight in.
Price of Carton of Apple in Nigeria
Nigerians are more accustomed to eating apples. However, they can be used in different recipes such as cookies, pies, jam, salads, smoothies, oatmeal, and muffins. Apples are a great snack because they contain loads of nutrients to keep the body healthy.
Interestingly, Nigerians only know green and red apples. This is because these are the varieties that are available in our markets. How much does it cost to buy a carton of apples in Nigeria? We have surveyed the market on your behalf and come up with a list of products and prices. Check them out in the list below:
- Carton of Green Apple (Count 135 pieces): N22,800 – N24,000
- Carton of Red Apple (Count 100 pieces): N24,800 – N26,000
- Half Carton of Green Apple (Count 67 pieces): N12,500 – N13,500
- Half Carton of Red Apple (Count 50 pieces): N14,500 – N15,500
PRICES LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 25, 2022.
The prices of these products may vary depending on your location and who you patronize. Also, there is a lot of fluctuation in the prices of apples on the market due to several factors. Some of these factors include haulage, customs duty, cost of production (for locally produced apples), and government policies to mention a few. We will continue to survey the market for the latest prices and update this post accordingly.
Where to Buy Carton of Apple in Nigeria
We now know the prices of different species and sizes of apples in Nigeria. However, another question begs an answer, “where can one buy a carton of apples in Nigeria?” There are two main options and we will explore them below.
The first option is to buy your carton of apples in person. You can do this at different locations including:
- Departmental stores.
- Local markets.
Another option is to place an order online. This option is suitable if you don’t have the time to visit any of the locations mentioned above. However, you should note that you will incur extra costs for delivery purposes. That being said, here are some of the online vendors you can patronize for apples:
- Fresh to Dommot
- 24 Hours Market
Nutritional Information of Different Species of Apples
As mentioned earlier in this post, apples are very healthy for human consumption. In this section, we will look at the nutritional information of the two most common apple species in this part of the world, red, and green apples.
Nutritional information of red apples (233 grams)
- Calories: 116 (DV* = 6%)
- Carbohydrate: 30.8 g (DV* = 10%)
- Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g (DV* = 21%)
- Vitamin C: 10.3 mg (DV* = 17%)
- Vitamin K: 4.9 mcg (DV* = 6%)
- Vitamin B6: 0.1mg (DV* = 5%)
- Vitamin A: 120 IU (DV* = 2%)
- Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol): 0.4 mg (DV* = 2%)
- Potassium: 239 mg (DV* = 7%)
- Folate: 6.7 mcg (DV* = 2%)
- Calcium: 13.4 mg (DV* = 1%)
- Protein: 0.6 g (DV* = 1%)
- Magnesium: 11.2 mg (DV* = 3%)
- Manganese: 0.1 mg (DV* = 4%)
Note that DV stands for Daily Value
Nutritional information of green apples (100 grams)
- Calories 52
- 0% Total Fat 0.2 grams
- 0% Saturated Fat 0 grams
- Trans Fat 0 grams
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 grams
- Monounsaturated Fat 0 grams
- 0% Cholesterol 0 milligrams
- 0% Sodium 1 milligrams
- 3% Potassium 107 milligrams
- 5% Total Carbohydrates 14 grams
- 10% Dietary Fiber 2.4 grams
- Sugars 10 grams
- Protein 0.3 grams
- 1% Vitamin A
- 7% Vitamin C
- 5% Calcium
- 7% Iron