Afe Babalola University located in Ado- Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria offers academic programmes in six Colleges: Sciences, Law, Engineering, Social and Management Sciences, Medicine and Health Sciences, and Postgraduate Studies. If you are seeking to gain admission for your undergraduate studies, you are in the right place. This article gathers a complete list of courses and requirements to gain admission into the prestigious private school.
Available Courses at Afe Babalola University
Below is the list of colleges, awards, and Programmes offered by the University:
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
(i) Medicine and Surgery (M.B.B.S)
(ii) B.Sc. Nursing Sciences
(iii) Department of Medical Laboratory Science (B.MLS)
(iv) B.Sc. Department of Anatomy
(v) B.Sc. Physiology
(vi) B.Sc. Human Nutrition and Dietetics
(vii) B.Sc. Pharmacology and Therapeutics
(viii) B. Sc. Public Health
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
(i) B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering
(ii) B.Eng. Mechatronics Engineering
(iii) B.Eng. Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
(iv) B.Eng. Petroleum Engineering
(v) B.Eng. Civil Engineering
(vi) B.Eng. Chemical Engineering
(vii) B.Eng. Computer Engineering
(viii) B.Eng. Agricultural Engineering
(ix) B.Eng. Biomedical Engineering
(x) B.Eng. Aerospace and Astronautical Engineering
COLLEGE OF SCIENCES
(i) B.Sc. Microbiology
(ii) B.Sc. Human Biology
(iii) B.Sc. Biotechnology
(iv) B.Sc. Biochemistry
(v) B.Sc. Chemistry
(vi) B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
(vii) B.Sc.Computer Science
(x) B.Sc. Physics with Electronics
(xi) B.Sc. Physics
(xii) B.Sc. Petroleum Chemistry
Afe Babalola University Courses & Requirements
COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
(i) B.Sc. Economics
(ii) B.Sc. Accounting
(iii) B.Sc. Banking and Finance
(iv) B.Sc. Business Administration
(v) B.Sc. Tourism and Events Management.
(vi) B.Sc. Political Science
(vii) B.Sc. International Relations and Diplomacy
(viii) B.Sc. Peace and Conflict Studies
(ix) B.Sc. Intelligence and Security Studies
(x) B.Sc. Social Justice
(xi) B.Sc. Communication and Media Studies
(xii) B.Sc. Marketing
(xiii) B.Sc. Entrepreneurship
(xiv) B.Sc. Sociology
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
(i) B. A. Philosophy
(ii) B. A. English
(iii) B. A. History and International Studies
(iv) B. A. Linguistics
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE
(i) B. Agric. Animal Science
(ii) B. Agric. Agricultural Economics
(iii) B. Agric. Extension Education
(iv) B. Agric. Crop Science
(v) B. Agric. Soil Science
COLLEGE OF LAW
(i) LL.B Law
(ii) B.Sc Criminology and B.Sc Police Science
The Afe Babalola University College of Law is one of the best in the country. Requirements for admission into the college are:
LL.B: a UTME applicant must have at least 5 credit passes in his or her O’ Level examination which must include English Language, Literature in English and Mathematics. This result must be obtained at one sitting. The applicant must have also sat for and passed the UTME examination for the current year.
Candidates who wish to apply via direct entry must have a good credit pass in his or her A’ Level examination, in addition to the O ’ Level subjects required for a UTME applicant written above. A’ level results must be obtained from a reputable institution.
B.Sc Criminology and B.Sc Police Science: a UTME Candidates who wish to apply for a degree in Criminology and Police Science must have at least 5 credit passes in his or her O’ level examination at one sitting or 6 credit passes at two sittings. These subjects must include English Language and Mathematics, Literature in English, Government and any other relevant subject. The applicant must also pass the cut off mark set by the Joint Matriculation Board for UTME examination for the current year.
Candidates who wish to apply via direct entry must have a good credit pass in his or her A’ Level examination in addition to the O Level subjects required for a UTME applicant above. A’ level results must be obtained from a reputable institution.
General Requirements for admission into Afe Babalola University
- Candidates who wish to apply for any course at Afe Babalola University must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects to the particular course. These subjects must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’ level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or its approved equivalents. Results must be obtained at not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) must have passes at credit or merit levels in addition to credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or its approved equivalents.
- The candidate must make at least 180 and above pass marks in JAMB to qualify for the internal screening process conducted by the Afe Babalola University.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION
- Go to the website of Afe Babalola University at https://admissions.abuad.edu.ng/
- On the main page, click on your admission category such as “Fresh Undergraduate”
- Click on “Get Started”.
- In order to create your portal account, enter the required details in the spaces provided and then click on “Register”.
- A portal will be displayed on the next page. Log in by entering your email address and password as provided in the previous page. Then click on “Login”.
- After logging in to the portal, click on “Start your Application”
- On the next page, provide the appropriate answer “Yes” or “No”, if ABUAD is your first choice in UTME
- Click on “Confirm Payment Details”.
- On the next screen, click on “Proceed to Payment”.
- Copy the transaction ID, as it will be needed on the Quickteller payment platform. Then click on “Continue”. You will be redirected to the Quickteller platform where you will use your ATM card to make payment.
- On the next screen page, your fee payment category is already pre-selected as “ABUAD UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION FEE”. Make sure not to change it to another category. Continue the application by entering the Transaction ID, as copied before, enter your email and mobile number in the spaces provided and click on “Continue”
- On the next screen, click on “I agree” and then click on “Pay” to continue.
- Enter your ATM card number, card expiry date and CCV in the spaces provided and click on “pay”. When you have paid successfully, you will be granted access to the online application form.
- You will be returned to the admission portal. Click on “Log in” on the main menu with your email and password, then click on “CONTINUE APPLICATION”
- Complete your application by entering the required details in the spaces provided
- After completing the process, make sure to print out your Screening Photocard and Application form. These will be required at the screening centre.