University of Lagos, also known as UNILAG is one of the best institutions in Nigeria at the moment. Unilag has a programme called the UNILAG Distance Learning Institute (DLI) which provides access to learning even when the source of information and the learners are separated by time and distance.
Unilag DLI offers a flexible, high quality distance learning and you will study in a flexible way that works for you whether you’re at home, at work or on the move. This gives opportunity to students who may not be physically present in a normal setting such as a classroom.
UNILAG DLI Available Programmes
The following programes are currently available in UNILAG:
1. B.Sc. IN ACCOUNTING Duration (5 Years)
2. B.Sc. IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (5 Years)
3. B.Sc. IN ECONOMICS (5 Years)
4. B.Sc. IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (5 Years)
5. B.Sc. IN SCIENCE EDUCATION (5 Years)
(a) B.Sc. in Education/Biology ( 5 or 6 Years)
(b) B.Sc. in Education/Chemistry( 5 or 6 Years)
(c) B.Sc. in Education/ Physics ( 5 or 6 Years)
(d) B.Sc. in Education/Mathematics ( 5 or 6 Years)
UNILAG DLI Entry Requirements
Any applicant into the degree programmes offered by UNILAG must meet the minimum national requirements for admission into the University.
The following candidates are eligible to apply:
(1) Graduates of University of Lagos or any other university recognised by Senate (only candidates with good degrees in relevant disciplines will be considered for admission at enhanced entry level).
(2) Holders of the Higher National Diploma or National Diploma or NCE in the relevant disciplines. For this Category, please note that only holders of HND with at least Upper Credit will be eligible for admissions at enhanced entry level.
(3) Holders of recognised relevant full professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ACIA, ACIS, ACIB, CII, may be considered for admission at enhanced level provided they have five credits at WASC/GCE/SSCE or equivalent, which include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings.
(4) Holders of the General Certificate of Education (Ordinary level) or the Senior Secondary Certificate/West African School Certificate ‘NECO’ or its equivalent with credits in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings.
NOTE: Point of entry for candidates in categories a, b and c will depend on details of their Transcripts and such candidates must also satisfy the WASC/SSCE/GCE ‘O’ level, NECO requirements as stated in (c) above.