Award-winning actor David Walliams has so many interesting facts about his life as a comedian, actor and writer. Here are just five of them:
- At age 11, Walliams acted in a school play, wearing a dress, and there he discovered he was very good at making people laugh.
- During his days as a student, he was part of the school swimming team.
- Walliams comedy career began in 1995, when he wrote The Ant and Dec show.
- Walliams published his first book in 2008, and has sold no less than 37 million copies.
- Quite a number of Walliams’ books have become adaptations for TV shows and musicals.
Who Is David Walliams?
David Williams is an actor, comedian, and author, famous for being a judge on “Britain’s Got Talent” show from 2012 to 2022.
In 2022, Walliams served as judge on the 10th season of Australia’s Got Talent.
Born on August 20, 1971, in Wimbledon, in London, England, Walliams appeared on the BBC sketch comedy series Little Britain and Come Fly With Me.
In 2007, he played Greville White in the TV drama Capturing Mary. Other films and series he has starred in are Big School, Partners in Crime, Walliams & Friend, Missing Link, Murder Mystery, Twist, and many others.
As a TV judge, Walliams has won the award for Best TV Judge four times at the National Television Awards.
As an author, Walliams has published a number of children’s books such as “The Boy in the Dress” and “Gangsta Granny”, and has sold over 37 million copies.
Walliams is regarded as “the fastest-growing children’s author in the UK”, with most of his books being translated into 53 languages, while some have been adapted into films.